Upcoming Ancestor Trouble events:
- June 2: Rally Reading Series at Pete’s Candy Store, more details to come. (In Person, Indoors.) Brooklyn, 8 PM.
- June 9: Center for Fiction, Echoes of the Past: A Conversation with Ann Leary, author of The Foundling. (In Person, Indoors.) Brooklyn, 7PM.
- June 19: Deep Water Literary Festival: The Art of Memoir, with Hafizah Augustus Geter and Diana Goetsch. (In Person.) Narrowsburg, New York, 1- 2:30 PM.
- August: City of Asylum Books, precise date and details to come. In Person. Pittsburgh.
- September 9: Brattleboro Literary Festival, details to come. (Virtual.)
- October 14-16: Southern Festival of Books, precise date and details to come. (In Person.) Nashville.
Previous Ancestor Trouble events:
- March 29: Book Launch, Conversation with Maaza Mengiste (In Person and Streaming), at Books Are Magic, Brooklyn. COVID protocols in effect. 7 PM EDT. Sign up at ancestortrouble.eventbrite.com.
- March 30: Online Book Launch, Conversation with Alexander Chee (Virtual), The Mark Twain House & Museum. 7-8 PM EDT. Details here; register here.
- April 1: Memoir and Memory, Conversation with Liz Scheier (In Person, Outdoors), Square Books at Oxford Conference for the Book, Oxford, Mississippi. Old Armory Pavilion. 10:30 AM CDT. Details here.
- April 4: Conversation with Casey Cep (Virtual), American Ancestors by New England Historic Genealogical Society, in Partnership with Porter Square Books. 6-7 PM EDT. Details here; register here.
- April 5: Conversation with Honorée Fanonne Jeffers (Virtual), Magic City Books. 7 PM CDT. Details here.
- May 9: Franklin Park Reading Series, with Chloe Cooper Jones, Susan Shapiro, Edgar Gomez, Ian MacAllen, and Leah Goodridge. (In Person, Indoors.) Brooklyn, 8 PM.
The photos above are from some of my favorite past events, with Maaza Mengiste, Alexander Chee, Garrard Conley, and Susan Orlean.