Upcoming Ancestor Trouble and Other Events:
- October 15: Southern Festival of Books, conversation on memoir with Isaac Fitzgerald, author of Dirtbag, Massachusetts, and Jami Attenberg, author of I Came All This Way to Meet You (in person). Nashville, 12 PM CDT.
- October 25: Books Are Magic, launch conversation with Jeanna Kadlec about her debut memoir, Heretic (in person and virtual; mask and vax required). Brooklyn, 7 PM EDT.
- October 28: Six Bridges Book Festival, conversation with Stephanie Maxwell Newton (virtual). Little Rock, 8 PM CDT.
- November 19-20: Miami Book Fair, precise date and details to come (in person). Miami.
- March 29: Book Launch, conversation with Maaza Mengiste, Books Are Magic (in person and streaming, Covid protocols in effect). Brooklyn, 7 PM EDT. Sign up at ancestortrouble.eventbrite.com.
- March 30: Online Book Launch, conversation with Alexander Chee, The Mark Twain House & Museum (virtual). 7-8 PM EDT. Details here; register here.
- April 1: Memoir and Memory, conversation with Liz Scheier, Square Books at Oxford Conference for the Book, Old Armory Pavilion (in person, outdoors). Oxford, 10:30 AM CDT.
- April 4: conversation with Casey Cep, American Ancestors by New England Historic Genealogical Society, in Partnership with Porter Square Books (virtual). 6-7 PM EDT. Details here; register here.
- April 5: Conversation with Honorée Fanonne Jeffers, Magic City Books (virtual). 7 PM CDT.
- May 9: Franklin Park Reading Series, with Chloe Cooper Jones, Susan Shapiro, Edgar Gomez, Ian MacAllen, and Leah Goodridge, Franklin Park Bar (in person, indoors). Brooklyn, 8 PM EDT.
- June 2: Rally Reading Series, with Khadijah Queen, Alison Espach, and Shelly Oria, at Pete’s Candy Store (in person, indoors). Brooklyn, 8 PM.
- June 9: Echoes of the Past, conversation with Ann Leary, author of The Foundling, Center for Fiction (in person, indoors, Covid protocols in effect). Brooklyn, 7PM EDT.
- June 19: Deep Water Literary Festival: The Art of Memoir, with Hafizah Augustus Geter, Diana Goetsch, and Joyce Maynard (in person, indoors, Covid protocols in effect), Narrowsburg, New York, 1:30 – 2:30 PM EDT.
- August 8: Memoir Monday Reading Series, with Sari Botton, Edgar Gomez, Chloé Cooper Jones, and Tajja Isen, Powerhouse Books (in person, indoors). Brooklyn, 7PM EDT.
- August 30: City of Asylum Books, conversation with Geeta Kothari on writing about family (in person and virtual). Pittsburgh, 7–8:30 EDT.
- September 8: National Archives Museum, conversation with Dan Bouk about his book, Democracy’s Data: The Hidden Stories in the U.S. Census and How to Read Them (virtual). Washington D.C, 1–2 p.m. EDT.
- September 9: Brattleboro Literary Festival Literary Cocktail Hour, conversation with Rebecca Donner, author of All The Frequent Troubles of Our Days (virtual), Brattleboro, Vermont, 5 p.m. EDT
The photos above are from some of my favorite past events, with Maaza Mengiste, Alexander Chee, Garrard Conley, and Susan Orlean.