Events in Miami and Beyond
Since Ancestor Trouble was published, old friends have been asking when I’d be in the 305 to sign books and answer questions in person, and now that’s happening. I’ll be at the Miami Book Fair on November 20! I’ll also be at the Southern Festival of Books, Six Bridges Book Festival, and more, including To the Lighthouse and the launch of Jeanna Kadlec’s Heretic. These upcoming appearances are listed on my events page, but I thought I’d post them here, too, for anyone who’s wondering and happens to stop by.
- October 15: Southern Festival of Books, conversation on memoir with Isaac Fitzgerald, author of Dirtbag, Massachusetts, and Jami Attenberg, author of I Came All This Way to Meet You. In Person. Nashville, 12 PM CDT.
- October 18: To the Lighthouse, conversation with Laila Lalami (Conditional Citizens, The Other Americans, The Moor’s Account). Virtual. Pacific Grove, CA, 5 PM PDT / 8 PM EDT, $10.
- October 25: Books Are Magic, launch conversation with Jeanna Kadlec about her debut memoir, Heretic. In Person and Virtual. Brooklyn, 7 PM EDT.
- October 28: Six Bridges Book Festival, conversation with Stephanie Maxwell Newton. Virtual, Little Rock, 8 PM CDT.
- November 20: Miami Book Fair, with Rebecca Donner (All the Frequent Troubles of Our Days) and Ada Calhoun (Also a Poet). In Person and Virtual. Miami Dade College / Wolfson Campus, Building 1, Second Floor, Auditorium, 4:30 PM ET.
Updated to add two more events: